It has been a while!

So I decided to do some maintenance on my printer and re-calibrated it to 75um on the xy resolution. And to make sure that things were working properly I thought I would try to print the sabertooth skull (from Makerbot) which failed many times previously. Basically I got a perfect print and funnily enough the lines that use to show up in my older prints (which I assume was pigment settling) wasn’t  there. The skull was printed at 75um xyz and I was really happy with the quality. Sacrificing a bit of build volume for the increased quality and speed is a good trade off. Also, this took about 2.5 hours to print.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s